The AVG AntiVirus Free emblem resembles the logo of the Windows operating system a little – and it works with this OS best, starting with the 7th 32-bit version and ending with the modern version. We will tell you all about this antivirus in our AVG review.
Properties and Advantages of AVG
There are versions of the program for both Android and macOS, although their popularity is much lower due to the availability of other, more effective solutions.
Files can be scanned on a scheduled basis or when they are first to run. And in the list of options, there is e-mail control, which allows you to avoid getting the virus into the system from the attachment to the message.
Benefits of AVG:
- effective protection, showing good results in tests
- blocking of malicious links, thanks to which the user can not worry about accidentally switching to untrustworthy resources
- Using a web reputation system to check sites that increase the effectiveness of threat detection.
Disadvantages of AVG:
- less functionality than most other free antiviruses
- weak protection against phishing
- a long time of the first scan performed after installing the program.
The requirements of the utility are high compared to other free versions – to run you will need a more or less modern PC – however, the scan speed is quite high.
Due to deep integration into the operating system, the antivirus searches for malicious code even at boot time, reducing the likelihood of a computer becoming infected.
What Versions of AVG are Available?
This product offers several major versions:
- the free version of antivirus (AVG AntiVirus FREE)
- paid (commercial) version of antivirus (AVG AntiVirus and AVG Internet Security)
The second involves advanced features for protecting a personal computer or corporate network.
Also, you can find AVG AntiVirus Free for Android – these are effective and convenient means of protection against viruses and malware. The application also provides the ability to search for a phone, delete tasks, block applications and calls, as well as store data in special storage that allows you to protect the privacy and personal information when browsing the Internet.
The extension for mobile phones offers basic security features:
- Track battery consumption and power-saving mode
- Removing tasks and processes that slow down your phone
- Track mobile traffic in your plan
- Storage space optimization (internal memory and SD card)
Mobile antivirus also offers a website scan for threats. If you identify a suspicious URL, you will be redirected to a secure page (only for the default Android browser and Chrome).
How to Install Antivirus?
Let’s start the step-by-step installation of AVG Free antivirus:
- Before proceeding with the installation of AVG Free antivirus, you should perform some necessary steps. First of all, close all applications and programs that are currently running on your computer.
- After you have downloaded the AVG Anti-Virus distribution kit from the official site and saved it on your desktop, open the installer to start the installation process.
- Read all the terms of the AVG license and, if you agree with all the points, click I Agree.
- After you accept the terms of the agreement, AVG Free antivirus will check the current state of the system and offer you to choose the type of installation: Standard and Custom. If you are not an advanced computer user, you are better off choosing Standard Installation. Click Next.
- The program installation process starts, wait for it to complete
- A window will then appear stating that the installation is complete. Here, if you want to receive news, special offers and security alerts from AVG, you can check the corresponding box. If you do not need it, you can not bet. Click Finish.
This completes the installation process. You will see the intuitive interface of the AVG antivirus program. You can perform a full system scan and update anti-virus databases.